Do you often feel separated from your pets while at work? Do you worry about their safety and curiosity while you’re away from home? If so, perhaps it’s time to invest in a pet camera. Fortunately, there are numerous cameras available that allow you to keep an eye on your pets with ease from your smartphone. We have compiled a list of the top pet cameras we have tried and tested, as well as recommending traditional security cameras that serve as pet monitors. We also offer some helpful tips for selecting the ideal camera for you and your beloved furry companion.
A highly effective camera at a great price
We have thoroughly tested the Wyze Cam v3, a compact security camera that offers free cloud storage and sharper video quality than our discontinued pick, the Wyze Cam v2. Despite being the cheapest product in our guide, this camera fulfills all our expectations of a pet camera. Its intuitive interface makes for an easy setup, and it captures video with enough detail to clearly display a gray cat sleeping on a gray couch. You can affordably secure your entire home with these cameras, spending less than you would on a single competitor’s model. Additionally, you can give guest access to your feed for sharing your pet’s adventures without compromising your account security. Rather than featuring treat dispensers or laser pointers, which could be confusing or harmful to pets, our research has shown that the Wyze Cam is a more effective and safer option.
Eufy Pet Dog Camera D605
What We Like:
– Turns treat dispensing into a fun game
– Can pre-record messages
– Easy-to-clean treat container
– Sleek design
What We Don’t Like:
– No mounting options available
The eufy Pet Dog Camera D605 is the perfect way to stay connected with your furry friend and monitor their daily activities. With a wide-angle lens that has a 170-degree field of view and 1080p resolution, you can effortlessly keep an eye on your pet in real-time. Our tester was thoroughly impressed with the camera’s video quality, which remained clear even in low-light conditions.
The eufy app provides responsive voice, treat, and motion controls, allowing you to rotate the camera up to 270 degrees. The innovative camera can even capture a 360-degree video, making it easier to keep track of your pet’s movements. You can also easily take screenshots or record video from within the app.
The camera’s automatic night vision feature, which is powered by multiple infrared sensors, provides a clear view of your pet at all times. This means you can see and talk to your pet even in the middle of the night.
Our tester particularly loved the gamified treat tossing setting, which turns treat dispensing into a fun game. You can toss a treat anywhere within a 270-degree arc and choose from three different distance settings. The anti-clog dispenser worked reliably throughout testing, and the dishwasher-safe container made cleaning up a breeze.
The eufy Pet Dog Camera is simple to set up, and you can easily sync it with your mobile device using a QR code. The camera has 16GB of built-in storage, allowing you to save precious moments captured by the camera. You can also pre-record personalized audio messages to send to your pet via the app.
The two-way audio system is excellent for communicating with your four-legged friend. It notifies you when your pet is barking or meowing excessively and allows you to offer them soothing words of comfort. The smart motion tracking feature helps keep your pet at the center of the frame and can alert you if your pet exhibits unusual behaviors.
While the eufy’s design is sleek and thoughtful, it is intended to be used as a tabletop device, not mounted on walls. However, all features are accessible without subscribing to any additional services. Overall, the eufy Pet Dog Camera D605 is an impressive pet monitoring camera that is definitely worth considering.
Owlet Home Pet Camera
- The Owlet Home Pet Camera boasts a 1080p resolution and a wide 165-degree field-of-view, allowing you to not just watch but interact with your pets even when you’re away. Two-way audio communication and remote treat dispensing are easily controlled through your smartphone, and the camera has night vision to ensure visibility in low light situations. Unlike some other models, there are no extra subscription fees required to capture photos and videos. The camera is compatible with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi bands, and can even respond to voice commands through Amazon Alexa. However, a downside to consider is the lack of camera zoom and the inability to adjust the camera angle remotely.
Petcube Pet Camera
The Petcube Pet Camera is a simple and affordable option for pet owners. Unlike the Petcube Bites 2, this model doesn’t have a treat dispenser, but it still offers two-way audio, 1080p HD video, and night vision up to 10 meters. The camera works with a free app that sends notifications when it detects your pet moving or barking. The Petcube Cam is a great choice for those who don’t need all the bells and whistles of other models.
Meanwhile, the Skymee Owl Robot is a unique pet camera that doubles as a treat dispenser and HD camera. With its companion app, you can interact with your pet and control its movements. The Owl Robot can move around the house and dispense treats, but it may scare anxious pets and lose treats around the house. The app comes with pre-programmed actions that you can use to play with your pet, and you can even take the Owl Robot outside for walks with your dog. Overall, the Skymee Owl Robot is a fun and interactive way to check in on your pets when you’re away from home.
Owlet Home 1080p Pet Camera
The Owlet home 1080p pet camera boasts a wide-angle lens, a built-in flash, and a high-definition video camera for your furry friends. Its light and sleek design make it highly portable, with impressive image stabilization ensuring you never miss a moment with your dog. With a self-timer, you can schedule recordings at your convenience, and the crystal-clear zoom lens captures every detail. Additionally, the top-quality microphone and speaker ensure superior sound quality for an immersive experience.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing a Pet Camera
Before buying a pet camera, consider the following factors:
- Two-way communication—Some cameras provide two-way audio, while others support two-way video communication. If you don’t want two-way communication, some standard pet cameras support video monitoring and don’t let you interact with your pet while you’re away.
- Alerts—Most pet cameras come with motion alerts so you can watch your pet when they’re on the move. Other cameras pick up sounds, like barks and meows, notifying you when your pet is in distress.
- Recording—Some pet cameras record and store days worth of footage on a supported cloud, while others don’t record at all, sending live footage to your phone instead.
- Price—Pet cameras will typically cost you over $100, but the cost will increase or decrease based on the camera and its features. For example, a camera with one-way video is going to be less expensive than a two-way video and audio camera with a treat dispenser.
Can your dog see you on Furbo?
Yes. The Furbo dog camera has a built-in speaker & microphone, which lets you talk to your dog even if you’re away. This is an excellent feature that allows pet parents to check on their pets. It can be used as a dog training device due to this particular beneficial trait about audio and sight dog coordination.
Can dog barks be recorded on the dog camera?
Yes, it does allow dog owners to record dog barking and see why their dog is barking so much. This makes it a great dog training device for dog parents.
How can I watch my dog when I’m not home?
Yes, with the most dog monitor cameras, dog parents can see what their dog is doing while at home. This dog monitor pet camera is high definition and features night vision via a dog monitor. The dog monitor lets dog parents watch their dog barking from anywhere in the world with a smartphone or tablet.